Dec 2, 2012

Lettuce head tutorial.. sort of ;)

I started to work on some veggie scenes / boards for display. I tried a few tomatoes...leaks that failed miserably.. did I mention leaks are like 25 steps?

And first time lettuce.



I used a bit too much translucent clay on this lettuce but I do like a bit of transparency.

 
I know everyone has their own way of doing details on veggies but here is how I figured to do lettuce leaf detail pretty simply.
 
Fold and crumple a bit of tin foil making sure your crumples and folds are the size of the veining on the lettuce leaf.
 
Flatten the leaf a bit with your fingers using a fan like pattern then press onto the foil.
 
 
  As you can see you get some great detail on the leaf, at this point just layer around a center ball or pressed ball and you will have a pretty detailed lettuce.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog, and the how-to's!
    Takes quite some time, making vegetables and all but it looks good!
    Gee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, its all new to me so if I find a easy way to do something I love to share ;)

      Delete