Feb 11, 2013

Bakery Window Box: addicted to scrapbook paper?

Good morning!

Last night I worked a bit more on the bakery display furniture. I have to admit that my preference for style leans towards the minimalist modern. My house is all earth tones browns and pretty plain as for a layout.

This is because I :

a: cannot decorate, I don't know how
b: don't understand why you cannot have a brown floor and brown furniture and brown rugs...
c: am not very girly

I have accepted this, but having a very girly, frilly daughter makes you look up terms like shabby chic, girly glam and dazzle design.

So where does a earth tones gal like me look to inspiration after looking up wiki?

Scrapbook Paper... and I may now be addicted to it.

You can see some of the patterns I have used in the furniture here:
::Michaels::

I love the fact that on one piece of paper you can get seven different looks, designs, pieces etc..I have used this bakery paper before when wrapping boxes for food jewelry. I figure I will cut pieces and layer it as signs and pictures/art for the wall

 
I also have added a few pieces of trim to the furniture and added the scrapbook paper as wallpaper backing for the display.
 
You can see a few cake "blanks" that have yet to be decorated.
 


work continues.. maybe I will go look for more paper...I can stop anytime I want..I just... don't want to..



13 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, You are a woman after my own heart! I too, LOVE scrapbooking paper and I am always on the lookout for more! As you've mentioned they are versatile, Acid free, and usually you get at least 2-3 sheets and often double sided. They are wonderful and I have found that the craft section at a Super WalMart has a really good selection to choose from as well. Your choice of the bakery wall paper is sooo cute and your daughter is no doubt in her girly element as the 2 of you put this together! These are the treasured memories of tomorrow!
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon ;) yes I find I almost have to "control myself" when it comes to the 5 for a buck days at michaels, wallmart huh? oooo I need some stuff from wallmart..might just go browse the paper section ;P

      Delete
  2. wow, I never thought to use scrapbook paper for decorations?!?!?! ya learn something new everyday :)

    thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have some great in scale picture ones also for cards, art etc ;)

      Delete
  3. It seems that you can find into your own girly side. It all looks very fine and romantic. Keep up the good work.


    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they really look great...and now im kind of hungry lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I think a slice or two is in order :P

      Delete
  6. Love your color choices, I too must admit I have a scrapbook paper addiction! We have an actual scrapbook store not too far from me and ooohhhh mmmyyy can I get all kinds of inspiration from those ladies. Everything is looking great in your window box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A whole store??? oh I would have to stay in there for a whole week..i would loose lots of money ..like a gambler ;p

      Delete
  7. I have also just "discovered" scrapbook paper its great. I love your choice. Your shelves are very pretty.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no..your addicted to it now ;) you will have to start hidig it from your family ;P

      Thank you ;)

      Delete