Apr 13, 2013

Garden Tote: Step Three : Gloves and Shovel

Good Evening...noon..morning?.. I think I have a stomach virus...I feel like ****...well... in more ways than one...

^^I am going to regret typing that one day when my mind and body isn't suffering from delusions, cramps and headaches...^^

Anyways on to the happy! *lol*

 
So if you fine folks were following along at this point we should all have a nice little scene or pieces growing to our garden collection.

 
You may have already worked on your gloves, but I want to show you a quick option for a simple scene,,in which you can improve on since I am ....uhhhhgggg sick.
 
I started by trimming the sides of the glove to the line, and rounding off the fingers. You can then glue your card stock form to a scrap of cloth thinking the cloth as the top of the glove. Wrap the sides around the thumb and pinkie as I have done for a cleaner line.
 
Then after your cloth dries to the paper and your sure its a you can trim out the fingers
 
The next step is more of a work in progress but consider adding a 3-d effect to paper to give your glove form. By crimping the glove and adding lines you will be adding a puffed effect to the cloth side
 
This glove looks more rounded on the fingers and cuffs..if the picture picks up right ;/
 
The same technique can be done with the paper glove..just think of the printed side as your show side. You may want to use two sides and make a more classic glove here but I will stop here..as I might pass out...swoon ;P
 
Notice the green glove is from my printies: 
 
Ok on to the shovel:
Obviously there are many different ways of making a simple shovel:
 
The main components are going to be:
A little piece of wood
Some wire or metal jewelry eye ..er things..
Then you can choose paper, clay, wood, tinfoil or sheet metal.
 
The one I choose to do is the simplest one, cut some paper and paint it. Here is where our little shovel scale thing will come in handy as you can choose a material and just scale as needed.
 
As you can see I folded a piece of scrap card stock and cut half to make two sides.
 
The by gluing your wood and wire piece to the shovel you can make a nice little version or color your mind can conjure. I have painted this will metal paint and green to match my basket.
 
 
Ok I am going to go crawl into the corner and cry like a whiny baby now....
We will work on some extras next time like boots...umm stuff...toilet paper...er I mean pots.
to be continued...

19 comments:

  1. Oh you poor girl, can you now take care of yourself and your stomach. Thanks for showing these things and so in your state.
    Please take care of yourself. Lie on the couch with your duvet and treat yourself by watching lots of TV series etc.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey, Ehh with a little one in the house we get bugs each season..its just I am getting old and feel it more ;P

      Delete
  2. Привет!!!! Фантастика!!! Такие чудесные мини получились!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо, я рад, что ты любил их, вы пробовали их сами? * обнимаю *

      Delete
  3. Awesome Tutorial, thanks. Love the gloves, so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this great tutorial and get well soon, poor Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bene è ora che mi metta veraente al lavoro per inserire questi oggetti che ci hai insegnato nella mia serra! Grazie espero che nel frattempo il mal di stomaco sia passato!!♥ Manu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Espero que te mejores pronto y gracias por este tutorial, feliz domingo:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love the shovel! Doesn't look like paper at all. Feel better soon so we can all enjoy your new mini adventures soon :D

    Jana aka Illyria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing! This will be perfect for my greenhouse =) Hope to try some of your garden-things soon =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very convincing shovel. Love the glove ideas too. Hope you feel better very, very soon! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi again Jane. Didn't think I'll be posting again so soon but it turns out you've won the secret prize in my birthday giveaway. Pop on over to my blog to see what it is.... hope you'll like it :)
    Congrats!
    Jana aka Illyria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Congratulations on winning Illyria's giveaway. IndyPoppy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Jane! You should have waited to finish your tutorial! It's a beautiful tutorial and thank you so much! Now, I hope that you will take care of yourself and just get as much rest as you can. A stomach virus can be so painful and aggravating! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon. I like your gloves. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you have recovered and feel better. Thank you for the tutorials.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post! The gloves and the Little shovel looks like real ones! So cute.

    Hope you will feel better soon.

    Lil on Lilsdolls

    ReplyDelete